Monday, August 25, 2014

Hey, Lisa, where are you, and what the eff are you doing....

So, I have not posted on this blog in a long time, almost a year! Yikes.  Life just up and got away from me.  For anyone who has ever read this blog, but isnt friends with me in real life, I will tell you a secret (thats not really a secret).
I became an aerobics instructor, which was WAY out of my element.  I had been Jazzercising for about a year and half, and my instructors where constantly asking me if I wanted to certify.  I would always answer with - Ha ha, no, not right now- and go on my merry way.  In February I finally got bugged enough to do a movement screening.  I got through, alright I thought - no big deal- no commitment, and just because I passed my screening doesnt mean I am fit to be an instructor.  Fast forward to March, the training sessions. My legs hurt, my feet hurt, my toes hurt, and I wondered why anyone thought I could do this.  I really dont know who in their right mind saw that I could do it.  I soldiered on.  April 11th, my judgement day.  What a nerve racking day.  I kept telling myself that I didnt care if I got the gig or not, but once I got there, I realised that I really did want to do it, and I would be so upset with myself if I failed (you can always try again, but I WANTED TO PASS).  I was nervous, and shaky, and decided to go first, get it out of the way.  My routines were Dance Apocalyptic and Im Alive (life sounds like), YESSSSSS they were ones I actually liked!  I finished my set, waited for the other trainies to finish and we waited for our results.  I was a bundle of nerves, but I passed.

My first solo class was the 27th of April and I wanted to throw up, all day, until I had to get up there, I taught and from that day on I was on my own.

Yikes!  Im still learning things as a newbie instructor (dont do a routine if you hate the song, just dont...), other routines become your favourite, and eventually you will get through class without being exhausted.
Ive started enjoying myself more and more, and my learning routines and putting sets together is getting easier as the days go on.  Sometimes I wish I had certified sooner, but at the end of the day, this is some of the hardest work Ive ever done (besides motherhood obv).  Next step, start eating better and work on my pushups!

No comments:

Post a Comment