Thursday, October 18, 2012

Home again!

It's hard to believe that I was in my home and native land a week ago.  We flew in on the 6th of October and came back to Dallas on the 14th.  If I can speak truthfully, it wasn't a long enough trip.  I got in so many visits but they weren't long enough.  We stayed over night at my friend Karen and Dans, and spent the day/night hanging out, catching up and watching my son, and our girls play (like twins those 2).  The next day we drove to my parents house and spent the rest of the week there.  I finally got the haircut I have been talking about, and I have yet to post the pictures I promise (so sorry).  I forgot how much I loved having my haircut short.  I loved having my sister at the house, and finally got to meet my neice (I could eat her up she was so cute! and the hair!).  She was so sweet and snuggly I was sad when my sister took off a day early because the baby got sick.
We took C and G to the animal farm, it was so much fun, we went back the next day, but it was far too rainy to stay for any long period of time. 
On the following Saturday we headed back to Hamilton and I got to visit with a former co-worker and meet her daughter (so many babies have been born since I've been out of the country).  When I headed back to my friends house, I discovered that my husband is really good at keeping secrets.
I was entering the house when I discovered that my friends and family were there to surprise me.  I was a bit overwhelmed when I saw all of the faces that I know and love in one spot.  I got teary eyed as I hugged them, because frankly, I wasn't expecting it.  Like all good parties eventually everyone had to leave, which sucked big time, but people can't stay and party all night just because I want them too. 
We had an early flight out from Buffalo sunday morning, and I still haven't caught up on laundry and sleep.  My body is here in Texas, but at the moment my head is still in Ontario, I may have been able to catch up with everyone, but it made me miss every single one of them that much more.

I look forward to next year, one of my besties is getting married, and I get to be there for it!  I might try and brave travelling alone with 2 babies to spend a few extra weeks with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment