Tuesday, September 7, 2010

6 months!

Today Booger bear turned 6 months old, I had a "holy crap" kind of moment. I realized that I pushed him out 6 months ago, and time really has flown by. I remember holding him in my arms and thinking "oh you're so small, and you need me so much, I wonder how much you'll change." Well he still needs me, but, small? not so Much. When he was born he was 8lbs 2 ounces, and now he is a whopping 21 pounds 2 ounces. He is rolling around like a mad man, and as for his hatred of tummy time, that's gone too. I frequently find him sleeping on his tummy, or rolling onto it to look at the world from another angle.
He has ticklish spots under his arms and on his back, and standing (with our help) is his favourite hobby. He freaks out slightly if he is having a good time standing and I have to set him down to go do something. He naps in his crib finally, and I don't take as many mommy naps with him, I can also start giving him solid food now, YAY!!!! I've been waiting for 6 long months to finally give him something new, and now I'm having a hard time deciding what it should be.
He got his shots today, I think Andy and I were a little bit more upset then he was, but he still shed quite a few tears to make us feel bad. The rest of the day we spent hanging out, playing, and just trying to keep him from losing his mind if he felt any pain from his legs.
Now I'm looking forward to next month, because I get to fly home and visit with my family and friends (I miss all of you guys!). See you all soon.




And, as I always do, I choked back tears today when I realized that I've gotten to see my son do so much in such a short time, and I know that someone I love very very much doesn't get to do that, and it isn't fair, and it sucks. I know the answer will come, and we will know what took him from us, but that doesn't ever make me feel better and it won't change the fact that he's not with us anymore. Miss you Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment