Thursday, September 23, 2010

Random Laughter

Every so often I find myself doing silly things I wouldn't normally do, mostly because I know it will make C laugh, and the laughter of a child is probably the one thing that can make me smile even if I'm not in the mood to do so.
The other night, he was refusing to go to bed, and he screamed and screamed, and then suddenly he stopped, and looked at me, so I started singing him "Old McDonald had a farm". The kid lost his mind, it was suddenly the funniest thing going on in the room.
I realize that I DO have to put him to sleep, but if I find my chance to make him laugh, I will do it. Today I was playing a game on my phone, and C was rolling around on the floor, getting frustrated with the whole "crawling" shenanigans, then I heard him giggling again, when I looked up this time, he had his mirror on the floor and thought that his reflection was the funniest thing going on in the room.
I realized that I need to have my video camera on me at all times. These moments of laughter are sometimes fleeting, and are usually followed by screaming fits if he's especially tired. I get them in while I can, because sometimes mommy can't make him laugh like daddy can. I'll take what I can get.

....sometimes when it's late at night, and I drift off to sleep, I think of his sad crying face, and I laugh, because no matter what he's doing, happy, sad, angry, tired, he makes me laugh, and I know how lucky I am to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment