Monday, March 14, 2011

no friggin way!

Today in the car, we were on our way to take Boogs to the doctor (he has a cold, not much they could really do for us other than tell us it will take a few days to go away). As I get into the car, Andy says "Hey, guess what I found in the car today, a GPS unit". I said "No way, are you shitting me, I checked that night and I saw NOTHING". Needless to say, I had checked in the dark, i was also a little bit worked up and upset, so clearly I didn't see it. I was gobsmacked. I was also really happy. It's a trivial thing to be excited about, but at the same time, I couldn't believe those Idiot criminals only stole one of them (yay). I guess my dream about still having my GPS wasn't just a dream, maybe my subconscious was trying to tell me that it was still there, I just didn't look hard enough.
I know it's my GPS because all the addresses are in Canada, and it's set to kilometres. So, I have now registered it on MyGarmin, and my next step will be to set a password on it (just incase someone does steal it, I want to make sure they never get to use it).

Sometimes I suppose I get way ahead of myself and don't stay calm, and in this case, it wasn't anything awful, but now I know to stop, focus and figure out if something is REALLY missing.
I have my GPS back, and I am going to carry it on me (not in the car) at all times!

No comments:

Post a Comment